Agia Sophia Academy seeks an Elementary PE Teacher who is enthusiastic about both physical and nutritional health, and is interested in teaching in a caring, holistic environment. Our blended-grade class sizes are small, the curriculum is hands-on and integrated, and our staff is dedicated and collaborative. The opportunity to teach to the whole child in an academically rich and nurturing Orthodox Christian environment is a unique and joy-filled experience!
This is a part-time position with a competitive private school salary dependent upon education and experience. Teaching days are Monday, Wednesday & Friday mornings, with an immediate start.
(if interested, this position may be combined with either the part-time Music and/or Greek Teacher Positions)
This position can be physically demanding and requires an energetic teacher with a love for integrating curriculum, strong communication skills, and interest in being part of a small, growing school.
- COVID vaccination currently required (or religious or medical exemption)
- Relevant teaching experience & classroom management skills
- Bachelors in Physical Education & Oregon State Licensing (preferred)
Classroom Grade Range:
- Montessori Primary (ages 3-6)
- Lower Elementary (grades 1st – 3rd)
- Upper Elementary (grades 3rd – 5th)
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Develop/ Implement differentiated curriculum, units & lessons for mixed-age and ability classes
- Regularly assess student progress and communicate effectively with parents and other teachers
- Participate in curriculum development and training
- Effectively implement the school’s vision in the classroom and create a safe, supportive, and respectful classroom environment
Send a letter of interest, a resume, letters of recommendation/reference, and a completed application to:
- Agia Sophia Academy,
Attn: Personnel Subcommittee,
14485 SW Walker Road,
Beaverton, OR 97006.
- or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline – Open until filled