NOTICE OF NONDISCRIMINATORY POLICY AS TO STUDENTS
Agia Sophia Academy admits students of any race, color, national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the academy. It does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin in administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, and athletic and other academy-administered programs.
2018-2019 School Year
The total cost of education for the 2018-2019 school year is estimated to be as much as $8,900 per student. Families who are able, are asked to make a tax-deductible gift above the tuition charged to assist in covering the actual education.
Montessori Primary Program Tuition Rates
|5-day Program||Annual Tuition||Optional Monthly Payment Plan
(includes 4% monthly payment fee)
|Half-day(4 hours)||$ 6,075||$ 632|
|Full-day(6.5 hours)||$ 8,900||$ 926|
|Half-day(4 hours)||$ 4,900||$ 510|
|Full-day(6.5 hours)||$ 6,800||$ 707|
Elementary Program Tuition Rates
|K-5th Grade||Annual Tuition||Optional Monthly Payment Plan
(includes 4% monthly payment fee)
|Standard Rate||$ 7,750||$ 806|
|Orthodox Rate*||$ 6,225||$ 647|
Multi-Student Discount for families with 2 or more full-time students: 10% off of the 2nd full-day student, 20% off the 3rd, and 25% off each additional full-day student.
* Orthodox Rate: Stewards in good standing with any canonical Orthodox Parish in the Portland metropolitan area must submit an “Orthodox Priest Referral Form” to qualify.
Agia Sophia Academy operates solely on revenues received from tuition and fundraising. Tuition rates are established by the school board and are based on the budgetary requirements of the school. Therefore timely tuition payments are required.
- The annual tuition is due in full by August 1st, prior to the start of the school year.
- Alternatively, should a family desire to pay the tuition on a monthly basis, a 4% monthly payment fee will be added to the tuition. Monthly payments are due by the 1st of each month in 10 equal amounts from August to May.
Monthly tuition payments are due on the 1st day of each calendar month; accounts become past due if unpaid by the 10th of the month and will incur a late payment fee of $25. Accounts unpaid over 30 days from the due date will automatically generate a review and begin to incur interest at the rate of 18% per year. For accounts that are past due by 30 or more days, the school reserves the right, in addition to any other remedies, to withhold grade reports, refuse to provide services to the student and/or expel the student.
Midyear Enrollment: New Students enrolling in ASA after the school year has started will be billed for the remainder of the year and payment is due prior to attending classes. Families electing to use the Monthly Payment option will be billed upfront for the first two months, then monthly thru May as stated above. Payment for this billing is due prior to the student attending classes.
Deposits and Fees
- A non-refundable Registration Fee of $50.00 is required for the each student applying to ASA. An application will not be considered until this fee is paid.
- A non-refundable Student Supply/Activity fee of $400.00 per full-time student in Montessori Primary through 5th grade (activity fee of $300 for the Montessori half-day students) is due prior to the start of school and will be included on the August billing. The Student Book/Activity Fee cannot be included in the monthly payment alternative.
- A non-refundable Tuition deposit fee of $250.00 per family (including returning students) is required by January 15 each year and will be credited towards the August billing. This fee serves as a reservation for a student’s place and helps us plan for next year.
Every family who has submitted a completed enrollment application is eligible to apply for need-based tuition assistance, if available. Approximately 30% of our elementary students currently receive some form of tuition assistance, however, packages only cover a small percentage of a family’s tuition and are dependent on pledged donations.
Deadline for the first round of Financial Aid is March 1st. If you missed the deadline, and need financial aid, you can still apply for second round consideration.
Agia Sophia Academy makes use of the FACTS Grant & Aid Assessment Service to help us evaluate requests for financial aid. If you would like to complete an application online, you may go to https://www.factstuitionaid.com/facts/gaindex. There is a small processing fee paid by the applying family directly to FACTS Management Company “FACTS”. FACTS is the largest educational financial service provider in the industry serving schools in all 50 states. They have been in business since 1986 and specialize in working with schools like ours. Contact information for FACTS is below:
www.factsmgt.com * 800-624-7092 * firstname.lastname@example.org
Agia Sophia Academy’s Board is responsible for fundraising programs. These programs ensure the school’s financial stability, help regulate tuition rates, and support growth. Parents are expected to contribute time, treasures, and talents, to ensure the success of these programs. Our Parent Teacher Partnership (PTP) directs a fundraising requirement in which each family raises $200 in profit for the school each year. In addition, parents must provide the school with 20-40 hours of volunteer work. For more information, see our Parent Involvement section of the policy handbook.