Agia Sophia Academy is currently looking to hire a part-time Janitor. Schedule is approximately 3 hours per day on Mondays, Wednesday, & Fridays, with possible flexibility. Compensation is $14 an hour.
- The janitor is responsible for keeping the school areas of usage in a clean and orderly condition. Janitorial responsibilities must be conducted outside of school hours and cannot conflict with service schedules at St. John the Baptist Greek Orthodox Church.
- Janitor is supervised by the principal.
- 18 years or older in age
- Must be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
RESPONSIBILITIES (include but not limited to):
Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Cleaning the gym, the cafeteria, the music room, the bathrooms, the secretary’s office, the hallways, the front entry area, the teacher’s resource room, the principal’s office, and four classrooms:
- Sweeping and mopping floors
- Vacuuming carpets
- Emptying garbage cans, recycling cans and shredders; and taking out trash & recycling
- Wiping down/disinfecting surfaces, light switches & door handles
- Washing Water Crocks
- Cleaning bathrooms:
- Emptying garbage cans
- Cleaning toilets, urinals, & stools
- Stock soap & paper towel dispensers
- Cleaning mirrors
- Sweeping and mopping bathroom floors