Agia Sophia Academy is looking for a part-time Latin Language Teacher with an interest and ability in helping ASA develop a vibrant Latin language and culture program.
This is a part-time position with a competitive private school pay dependent upon education and experience. Teaching days are Tuesday and Thursday, with an immediate start.
This position requires an energetic teacher with a love for integrating curriculum, strong communication skills, and interest in being part of a small, growing school.
- COVID vaccination currently required (or religious or medical exemption)
- Ability to instruct students in Latin Language instruction and culture (proficiency preferred)
- Classroom management skills (preschool & elementary experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree or Relevant teaching experience.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Prepare and develop mix-grade, level-appropriate lesson plans for Latin Language and Culture instruction.
- Regularly assess student progress and communicate effectively with parents and other teachers.
- Participate in curriculum development and training.
- Effectively implement the school’s vision in the classroom and create a safe, supportive, and respectful classroom environment.
Classroom Grade Range – Latin:
- Lower Elementary (grades 1st – 3rd)
- Upper Elementary (grades 3rd – 5th)
Send a letter of interest, a resume, letters of recommendation/reference, and a completed application to:
- Agia Sophia Academy,
Attn: Personnel Subcommittee,
14485 SW Walker Road,
Beaverton, OR 97006.
- or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Application Deadline – Open until filled