Agia Sophia Academy is looking for a part-time Modern-Greek Language Teacher &/or Latin Language Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. Teaching days are Tuesday and Thursday for approximately 2 hours each day. The ideal candidate speaks Greek and/or Latin, has classroom teaching experience, strong classroom management skills, and an interest and ability in helping ASA develop a vibrant language and culture program.
This position requires an energetic teacher with a love for integrating curriculum and interest in being part of a small, growing school.
- Ability to instruct students in Greek and/or Latin Language instruction and culture (proficiency preferred)
- Classroom management skills (preschool & elementary experience preferred)
- Relevant teaching experience.
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Prepare and develop level-appropriate lesson plans for Greek and/or Latin Language and Culture instruction.
- Regularly assess student progress and communicate effectively with parents and other teachers.
- Participate in curriculum development and training.
- Effectively implement the school’s vision in the classroom and create a safe, supportive, and respectful classroom environment.
TO APPLY: Send a letter of interest, a resume, two letter of recommendations, and a completed teacher employment application to:
- Agia Sophia Academy,
Attn: Personnel Subcommittee,
14485 SW Walker Road,
Beaverton, OR 97006.
- or email to email@example.com.
Application Deadline is July 15th, 2021Agia Sophia Academy is an Orthodox Christian 503 (c)(3) non-profit private school in Beaverton for ages 3 years to 5th grade and is fully accredited by AdvancED .